BIM consists of a major design innovation in the recent years, aiming at a 3D engineering process where modeling, drafting, analysis, economic estimates and project planning are all included in a single suite. AK strongly believes in a BIM – base design and has invested in personnel training and development of applications for underground works. AK collaborates with the Politecnico di Torino and hosts students for thesis writing and trainees on BIM.
Autodesk’s Revit® is a BIM integrated software where components constituting the model are strongly interlinked. In Revit, the entire project is assembled as if it was constructed, documenting the entire process using the capacity of the project to produce bill of quantities and in real time update the design when modifications are made.
- CIVIL 3D
Autocad’s® CIVIL 3D® is a civil engineering software that support the BIM workflow. The use of AutoCAD Civil 3D permits practitioners in the infrastructure sector to comprehend better the characteristics of a project, maintaining compatibility with data and processes and efficiently incorporate modifications in less time.
Autodesk’s Navisworks® permits practitioners to revise models and integrate data offering a more efficient control of the results of the projects through the generation of 4-5D models. NAVISWORK allows professionals being proactive during the design phases instead of reactive during construction.
Rhinoceros® is an advanced software of modeling that is dedicated to forms noted ad NURBS. It has become quite popular in the field of construction thanks to the powerful plug-in Grasshoper, that permits professionals to analyze and rapidly reiterate different design solutions using modeling.
- Optimization of multidisciplinary documentation, errors reduction, better sharing of data between team members.
- Evaluation of design options and optimization of project characteristics.
- Interaction between models generated by diverse disciplines.
- Simulation, analysis and project planning through 4-5D models with real time quantification of resources, materials.
- Analysis and interference detection (clash detection) with subsequent management of interferences.
- Generation and control of dynamic processes by parametric simulations through exploration and break-down type of analysis.